Video conferencing platform Zoom is set to roll out a new update that will offer support for the latest Apple Silicon Macs that power the M1 MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini.
This was discovered in the release notes of the update that is set to be rolled out on December 21.
“Support for Apple Silicon processors – Zoom desktop clients will better support computers with ARM CPUs. A separate installer is available for download in the Zoom Download Center,” says Zoom in its release notes.
Since Zoom is a go-to tool for video conferences — personal and professional — this seems to be a significant update for owners of the new Mac gadgets.
Apart from this feature, the update is also set to come with enhanced cloud contact integration for chat/call features. It is also supposed to bring aboard an improved grouping of security options when scheduling, launch an external app or a URL for incoming calls and more.
Here are the complete release notes for the upcoming Zoom update:
New and enhanced features
* General features
* Support for Apple Silicon processors Zoom desktop clients will better support computers with ARM CPUs. A separate installer is available for download in the Zoom Download Center.
* Enhanced cloud contact integration for chat/call features Contacts imported through the contact integration can now be easily added as a Zoom contact. Once approved as a Zoom contact, you will have the ability to call or meet with them and see their Zoom status.
* Meeting/webinar features
* Enhanced nonverbal feedback and reactions Nonverbal feedback options are moved to the Reactions button, and all reactions will be shown in the corner of the participants’ video. The host will see each participant’s reactions in the participant list, as well as the aggregate numbers of each reaction at the bottom of the list.
* Raise hand for host and co-host Hosts and co-hosts can utilize the raise hand feature along with meeting participants and webinar attendees.
* Poll reports available during live session The meeting or webinar host will now have the option to download the full poll results when the poll has ended during the live session, rather than waiting until the meeting or webinar has ended. This will launch their browser and begin the download of the CSV poll report.
* Meeting features
* Improved grouping of security options when scheduling The “Only authenticated users can join” option is now located in the Security section of the scheduling window, grouping it with Passcode and Waiting Room options to allow for easier selection and use of security features.
* Phone features
* Support for text messaging (SMS and MMS) Users with Zoom Phone Pro licenses can use their assigned direct phone numbers to send or receive text messages (SMS and MMS).
* Enhancements for call queues with call monitoring If call monitoring is enabled for a call queue, members and supervisors can easily monitor their queues and use call monitoring features.
* Call end chime Users will hear a chime and see a notification when a call ends abruptly, typically from poor network connection or the other caller ending the call.
* Launch an external app or a URL for incoming calls Users can configure Zoom Phone to launch a specific app or URL when receiving a call. They can pass additional parameters to the app or website with % arguments; for example, name and caller ID.
* Minor bug fixes
* Security enhancements
© 2020 | All Rights Reserved | Designed by Traffictail