OJEE is conducting the medical counselling for state quota seats and returned seats of all India quota. OJEE chairman SK Chand said Hi-Tech medical college hospital (MCH) Rourkela has vacancy of six MBBS seats, while Hi-Tech MCH Bhubaneswar has a vacancy of one seat. As many as 15 BDS seats are lying vacant in Hi-Tech Dental College Bhubaneswar.
The OJEE will allot only 85 per cent of medical seats leaving the 15 per cent to national quota. After admission into the national quota, the left out seats will be handed over to the state.
Odisha has around 1513 seats (1350 MBBS and 163 BDS seats) in seven government (along with SCB Dental College) and three private medical colleges. Of them, 1330 comes under state quota and 183 are AIQ seats. After allotment of AIQ, 79 of these seats have returned to state quota. So the available seats under state quota touched 1409 (1248 MBBS and 161 BDS).
Only 28 MBBS and 21 BDS seats were left in the state after completion of second round allotment of medical seats on December 12. After first round allotment, 276 medical seats were left for admission. After this third round, counselling is completed in the state.
SCB MCH Cuttack and MKCG MCH Berhampur have 250 MBBS seats each. VIMSAR Burla has 200 MBBS seats, while PRM MCH Baripada and SLN MCH Koraput have 125 MBBS seats each. Government MCH Balangir, FM MCH Balasore, Hi-Tech MCH Bhubaneswar and Hi-Tech MCH Rourkela have 100 MBBS seats each.
Similarly, SCB Dental College Cuttack has 63 BDS seats, while Hi-Tech Dental College Bhubaneswar has 100 BDS seats.