Founded by Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore in 1921, Visva-Bharati is also the oldest Central University in the country. In May 1951, Visva-Bharati was declared to be a Central University and an Institution of National Importance by an Act of Parliament.
Here are key points of PM Modi’s address:
- Visva Bharati venerable source of constant energy to country.
Vishwabharatiis a true embodiment of Gurudev’s contemplation, vision and hard work for Mother Bharati
- This is a kind of adorable place for India, which gives continuous energy to the country to embody the dream that Gurudev had dreamed of
- Our country is spreading the message emanating from Visva-Bharati to the whole world.
- India is today leading the world in environmental protection through international solar alliance. India is the only major country today which is on the right path to achieve the environmental goals of Paris Accord.
- In the Bhakti era, every region of India, every area, east-west-north-south, our Saints, Mahants & Acharyas tried to keep the country’s consciousness awake